Home » Purpose » Environmental Sustainability – PepsiCo Beverages Canada » Energy
- Opened a new, LEED-certified warehouse and Distribution Centre in Lethbridge, Alberta in 2012.
- Seven Hydrogen Assist Transport Tractors were added to PBC’s Fleet in 2012. These vehicles are 15% more fuel-efficient than traditional transport tractors.
- PepsiCo partnered with Manitoba Hydro to install upgraded energy efficient LED lighting throughout its Winnipeg facility, enabling an 8% reduction in intensity usage since the installation. The LED lighting has also resulted in a softer light environment for employees and a longer bulb life expectancy.
- Eight Ford Transit Connect Service vehicles were implemented in 2011 and these are 40% more efficient than previously used service vans.
- Anti-idling and speed-limiting systems have been implemented throughout PBC’s large delivery fleet.
- New Pepsi branded refrigeration equipment is Energy Star rated and 54% more efficient than older models.
- With the 2011 launch of the 7UP EcoGreen bottle in Canada, PepsiCo Beverages Canada reduced the amount of virgin plastic by approximately 6 million pounds over the course of one year. This resulted in a reduction of over 30% in greenhouse gas emissions and over 55% in energy use, based on current 7UP production levels* (*Estimates based on studies published by the Association for Post-Consumer Plastic Recyclers, April 2010).